Walking Tours: Berlin Highlights Tour
Help yourself to a first hand experience of Berlin with our qualified tour guide showing you all the major sights of Berlin on a walking tour with use of public transport! The tour can start anywhere in the city center, and we will use Berlin´s popular double-decker busses to get from one area of interest to another. You will learn about the city´s dramatic history in the 20th century, but also see palaces of the Prussian royals and get a feeling of what life is like in Berlin today. This is an exciting and inexpensive way to explore the heart of Berlin.
- Private tour
- Local tour guide
- Partly use of public transportation
- Coverage of all main sights of Berlin
Date and time:
At your hotel or any other central location
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
€ 149 per group
Offer and Booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow „Book now“ button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
The tour can be customized according to your individual needs and your preferred meeting and ending point. During the tour partly public transportation is used – tickets are not included in the price. Maximum 30 travelers per group – for larger groups ask for an individual offer.
This perfect introduction to Berlin´s center is a great way to experience Berlin´s diversity like Berliners do, as you will be using public transport which makes the tour quite inexpensive, by the way. You will get directly in touch with the vibrant atmosphere of Potsdamer Platz or the legendary Alexanderplatz. You will learn about the glamourous past of the famous boulevard Kurfüstendamm and the former gloominess of neigbouring Zoo train station where new high-rise buildings are now radically changing the character of the City West. In the government quarter you will delve into the world of diplomacy and politics. After that you will see the Reichstag and the Brandenburg Gate and learn about the gruesome Nazi crimes while visiting the Holocaust Memorial and the sites of Hitler´s bunker and the burning of books, and then enjoy the splendid sights of royal palaces and world famous museums in the historical city center – this is the tour that has it all!
During this tour you will see:
- Brandenburg Gate, a must for anyone who comes to Berlin
- Potsdamer Platz, spectacular high-rise buildings by international star architects
- Reichstag building, the seat of the German parliament with a dramatic history
- TV Tower – cannot be overlooked, it is Germany´s highest structure
- Berlin Cathedral, a testimony to Prussian craving for recognition
- the embassies of Russia, the United States, Great Britain and France
- Victory Column with a golden angel right in the center of Tiergarten park
- Memorial Church, destroyed during the war and now standing as a symbol of peace
- Unter den Linden – the boulevard to display Prussian glory
- KadeWe – the largest department store of continental Europe
- site of the bunker where Hitler committed suicide
- Bellevue Palace, seat of the German president
- Holocaust Memorial, an impressive sight from afar and thought-provoking to walk through
- Museum Island, an ensemble of five museums on an island in the city
- site of the reconstruction of the city palace that was destroyed in the communist era
- the former death strip between East and West Berlin
and much more.