Berlin Cruises: Spree River Cruise (1,5 hours)
A river cruise on the Spree is a great experience! The Spree River Cruise starts at Charlottenburg Palace and takes you all the way to the western and the eastern part of the city center. The boat passes Bellevue Palace, the seat of the president (Germany´s official head of state), makes its way through the Government Quarter to cross the former border that divided Berlin and then continues to Museum Island and Nicholas Quarter. Near Berlin´s historical port the boat goes through a small lock before the tour ends in walking distance from the TV Tower.
- Lunch on bord available
- Reserved seats
- Audioguides in English available
- 15% discount for travel groups
daily 11.45 a.m. and 3.55 p.m.
between April 28th and October 5th, 2018
Not bookable online:
(please ask for an offer)
daily at 10.50 a.m., 12.15 p.m., 1.15 p.m and 2.50 p.m.
between March 30th and October 28th, 2018
about 1,5 hours
Point of departure:
Near the Charlottenburg Palace in the western city center
Point of arrival:
Near the Television Tower at Alexanderplatz in the eastern city center
Prices (incl. all taxes):
€ 15,50 per person
– 15% for groups of 20 or more travelers
– 15% for students
– 50% for children under the age of 14
– Free tour for up to 3 children under age of 6
Explanations on board:
Explanations in German. Audioguides in English available for € 2 per person.
See section “Additional Suggestions” below
Offer and booking:
To receive the ticket instantly book the tour online using the yellow „Book now“ button on this page – print out the ticket or show it on your smartphone when you enter the ship. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
With your booking the seats on the ship will be reserved for you (free choice of seating, guaranteed seating indoor in case of bad wheather). Cancellation free of charge up to 2 days before the tour, except when booked online. Information on this website subject to changes in the timetable.
Going one way from the West to the East through the entire city center! The start of the Spree River Cruise is at Charlottenburg Palace with its beautiful park in the Baroque Style – it ends at Jannowitzbrücke, a pier that was already used way back in the times of royal rulers. As you pass the sights of Berlin, they will acquire a fascinating appeal as you see them from the boat´s perspective. The dimensions of the Chancellery and the entire Government Quarter can only be perceived from the water. And yes, Museum Island is indeed an island! You will see the future Humboldt Forum´s enormous construction site where Berlin´s city palace used to stand, and the historical port where in the Middle Ages Berlin was founded at the Spree riverside.
During the Spree River Cruise you will see:
- Charlottenburg Palace – the residence of the Prussian queen Sophie Charlotte
- Bellevue Palace – seat of the German President
- Residential buildings for government workers with a striking, snake-like view
- the House of the World´s Cultures – a cultural venue, nicknamed “Pregnant Oyster” due to its appearance
- the Chancellery – the office buildings, the park and the Chancellor´s helipad
- Berlin´s Central Railway Station – Europe´s largest railway station with intersecting lines
- the German Parliament with the Reichstag´s widely visible glass dome
- “Palace of Tears” – former border crossing point at train station Friedrichstraße
- Berliner Ensemble – famous theater where playwright Bertolt Brecht worked as a director
- Bode Museum and Old National Gallery on Museum Island
- Berlin Cathedral – magnificent church built by the Prussian royals
- Site of the reconstruction of Berlin´s City Palace
- Nicholas Quarter and Fisher Island – Berlin´s historical center
Gastronomy on board
*** Gastronomy 2018 will be published shortly ***