Bus and Minivan Tours: Potsdam Half Day Tour
Visit Berlin´s little sister and see the beautiful parks, castles and lakes of Potsdam on a tour that begins and ends in Berlin. In Potsdam you will experience why Frederick the Great preferred Potsdam over Berlin as his residential city, why Sanssouci Palace is called the “German Versailles” and where the Allied powers decided on Germany´s status after the end of World War II. The lovely old town with the pittoresque Dutch Quarter, the Russian-style village Alexandrovka and Glienicker Brücke (shown in the movie “Bridge of Spies”) are to be discovered on your way there and back.
- Private tour
- Free pickup and drop-off at hotel in Berlin
- Local guide
- Upon request with interior visit of Sanssouci Palace
Date and time:
At your hotel or any other location in Berlin
English, German, other languages upon request
Prices (incl. all taxes):
Tour with local guide in a minivan or coach:
prices per group
1 – 7 travelers in a minivan € 390
8 – 18 travelers in a coach € 639
19 – 49 travelers in a coach € 699
50 travelers and more: please request offer
Local guide only for a tour in your own coach:
€ 190 per guide
Offer and booking:
Book the tour online using the yellow „Book now“ button on this page. For questions or to receive an individual offer with price and tour suggestion use the contact form on this page or simply call us at +49-30-220 11 88 89 (Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time).
The tour can be customized according to your individual needs and your preferred meeting and ending point. If you want to take the tour less than 4 hours and/or if you like to start and end the tour in Potsdam please request an individual offer.
For up to 7 travelers the tour is in minivan with driver and guide. For larger groups modern coaches are used. If you arrive to Berlin in your own coach book the local guide only.
On this tour that lasts 4 hours you will see all the attractions that make Potsdam so special for visitors from all over the world. The beautiful palaces of Sanssouci are protected as UNESCO World Cultural Heritage as they show the grandeur and ambition of Prussian royals in the 18th and 19th centuries. Cecilienhof Palace was the location of the Potsdam Conference in 1945 that decided Germany´s future and started the cold war. Potsdam´s old town features a Dutch quarter, a Russian village, a rebuilt city castle and even a Brandenburg Gate! On your way there and back you will see the beautiful lakes and parks surrounding Potsdam and enter the city passing Glienicke Bridge where the USA and the Soviet Union used to exchange spies in the times of confrontation between East and West.
The tour starts and ends in Berlin. You will see:
- Glienicke Palace with its famous golden lion statues and a surrounding landscape park
- Greater Wannsee, the Berliners´ “bathtub” and exclusive residential area
- Glienicke Bridge, formerly divided by the Iron Curtain and used for the exchange of spies
- Sanssouci Palace, the retreat of the famous Prussian king Frederick the Great
- Cecilienhof Palace, a Tudor-style palace that hosted the Potsdam Conference
- Orangery Palace, built by Frederick William IV, the “Romantic on the Throne”
- the New Palace, a representative palace where Prussian kings accommodated their guests
- the Dragon House with a Chinese pagoda
- the well-preserved old town in the Baroque style with a Brandenburg Gate of its own
- the Dutch Quarter – a unique ensemble of buildings in Dutch style
- reconstructed Potsdam City Palace
- Nauener Vorstadt, site of the former KGB prison
- the Russian village Alexandrovka
Photo stops and long walks at Sanssouci Gardens and Cecilienhof Palace are also included in the tour.
Don´t forget that this is a private tour for you and your group only – on your request other sights can be visited to replace some of those mentioned. For example, a detour can be made to see the house of well-known painter Max Liebermann and the villa where the infamous Wannsee Conference took place. Meeting point and drop off location in Berlin, according to your preference.
Interior tour of Sanssouci Palace
If you wish to visit Sanssouci Palace inside please inform us at the time booking. We will by tickets in advance. The palace is closed on Mondays.
Interior tour of Cecilienhof Palace
If you wish to see Cecilienhof Palace from the inside and walk the rooms where Stalin, Truman and Churchill held their disputes, this can be included in the tour. You will learn all the details with audioguides, and the visit lasts appr. 45 minutes. Cecilienhof Palace is closed on Mondays.